Monday, October 17, 2011

What's Cookin'?

Just by way of update--Crock Pot Mondays are working out beautifully!!  I shared the recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Pizza from my friend Meggan, recently.  Since then, we have had some pretty great creations.

One of my all time faves (because it is beyond easy, and so very tasty) is

Shredded Chicken Tacos

Dump one bag of frozen chicken breasts in crock pot
Mix a can of diced tomatoes and a can of rotel together with a package of taco seasoning
pour mixture over chicken
cook on low for 8 hours

Warning: When you open the crockpot after it's done, it will not be pretty.  Get over it.  Taste it.  You will be glad you did.  Shred the chicken with two forks.  I get tortillas, shredded lettuce and cheese to make the tacos, or use it in a taco salad.  Awesome!

Last week, we actually had Crock Pot Tuesday, instead.  I can't now remember why.  Some scheduling issue, I'm sure.  Anyway, I made a pork loin with garlic, red wine, and soy sauce that wasn't bad.  Not on the list of the best evers, so I'm not going to waste your time with it.  Tonight, we are having chicken again--frozen with a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms.  Served over rice.  It's gotta be good, right?

Just a little crock pot info for anyone who's loving theirs right now (and really, how could you not with winter coming on?)--between Facebook and Pinterest, I have been turned on to two great crock pot recipe sites that I wanted to share.  Crock Pot Girls and Skinny Crock Pot (for when you are feeling guilty).   On a funny note, I realized that Crock Pot Girls does Crock Pot Monday too.  Guess it is as fabulous of an idea as I thought it was! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It's Crock Pot Wednesdays (karate night) at our house. I'm trying the chicken corn soup from pinterest this week: I'll let you know how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, definitely do! I was going to pick up the stuff for it this weekend to make next Monday. It sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken & corn soup was good, but more watery than I expected. Note that the receipe calls for a big can of condensed crm. chicken soup, and I only had the small can. I would cut the water and just use 1 cup of broth. Good flavor and easy. :)

    ReplyDelete