Monday, October 24, 2011

Craftastic turns craptastic

Late last week, I was all excited about the blog I would be able to do after my craftastic weekend!  Then, the weekend actually happened.  Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful weekend, but we hit a few snafus.  I intended on making this cute Halloween decoration I saw on Pinterest (of course!), and a fall wreath for our front door.

Here's the Pinterst idea.  Cute, right?  Looks easy enough.

                                                          Glitter pumpkins! #pumpkins

I will say this picture is more the inspiration for ours, because due to my procrastination and therefore lack of available supplies creative differences, I made a some different selections.  And, we're off.  Supplies...check.




Eager helpers...

I said EAGER helpers...
Much better.  Check (even though the lighting is terrible).  Once we got started, after about 1 minute, Justus found a stick to play with and Delaney was high from the spraypaint fumes done being outside, so Kidd took her in. I persevered with the project adventure.



I got this far, and ran out of spraypaint.  That stuff did NOT go far.  The orange pumpkins don't look too bad because they were already orange.  It's just missing the glittery look, but the purple one intended to become black and the letters to be painted black didn't get very far.  And, of course it was Sunday, so I had a hard time locating additional supplies.
 
I did manage to find a tiny bit more of the black.

And, I went ahead and did my bows for between the pumpkins.  Yes, I actually made these bows!

Today or tomorrow, I will make another run to the HobLob for the remaining supplies and will be able to finish this...maybe before Halloween.  Once it is done, we are going to pull this thing out for Halloween every year until my kids fight over who is taking it for their own house when they grow up.  One simple project...or so I thought.

This, people, is why I dream of crafts, but never actually do them.  I don't know which is worse--the guilt of never having attempted said craft activity, or the disappointment in not being able to complete it.

Notice I didn't even get started on the "fun" fall wreath I had planned.

Stay tuned for the final result.  If I'm not too ashamed to share it.  Harumph!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! You should see the spray-painted ladder made of paper towel tubes that I made for Cole to carry in the firemen's parade this week. Oh, except it is in the trash. We will be purchasing a rope ladder instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks fabulous! You always have a crafting buddy down the street!! :)

    ReplyDelete