Thursday, October 6, 2011

10 months!

Without real consideration, I know that I regularly say to myself "This day cannot be over soon enough" while at work or while doing something I am not enjoying.  I am now experiencing a true case of "be careful what you wish for."  When I think about this little piece of heaven being 10 months old today, I ache for time to stand still.  It is going by so much faster than I had ever dreamed.  She is my happy place!



It has been a very busy month in many ways; and Delaney, your development is no exception:

**I don't know your height and weight because we don't go to the doctor this month, and I haven't had a chance to take the measurements myself.

**You are in a size 2, going on 3 diaper.  Once we finish this last pack of 2s, we're going full time to the 3s.  You wear all 6-12 month clothes pretty well now, and thanks to your petite nature, you can still wear the 6-9 month stuff too.  Your hair is getting quite long, just past your shoulders, but still all over the place.  So, we are having fun with pony tails and pig tails.

**You have TEETH!!  The two bottom ones have popped through, and man, are they sharp!  They are so cute.  I'm always a little surprised at how two little white things seem to change the entire landscape of a baby's face.  In my mind, it's one of the first things that starts to diminish the "babyness" of a little one.

**As mentioned and demonstrated the other day, you also now have independent mobility.  So, thanks for cleaning my floors.  Your "crawl" is precious, in that it's not really a crawl.  It's a hybrid move of using one foot and one knee with your hands to toodle yourself around.  It appears you like to create more work for yourself.  I hope you can abandon this trait before you enter your professional life.  It's not good to be "that" person.

**Although you have a mode of transportation now, you still prefer to pull up, stand, and have some grown up fingers to hold on to while practicing your walking.  You walked all the way from the kitchen to your room to get ready for bath last night.  I love that every time you pull up on my fingers, you smile.  You are clearly so proud of yourself, as you should be.

**You have proven to me that you were definitely ready for table food.  You are a champ at feeding yourself cut up veggies (favorite is green beans), fruit, pasta, deli-sliced meat, cheese, and bread.  You also LOVE your sippy cup with the straw.  No interest in the standard sippy, but the straw is pretty awesome as far as you're concerned.

**Your babbling is starting to have more variety, so I know that words are in our near future.  Can't wait to hear that little voice!

As you race toward that one-year mark, I have mixed emotions.  I adore watching you grow and discover the world around you, and I'm thrilled with each new connection you make to your surroundings.  At the same time, I want you to stay my sweet little baby that I get to rock before bed every night.  I am amazed at how much as changed in the last month!  I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment