Sunday, January 22, 2012

More birthday madness

Another new tradition in our family is that the birthday honoree gets to pick the evening meal location.  Not surprising, we ended up at Chuck E. Cheese.  Now, I don't know if it's just me that thinks this place is mediocre at best, but I adored it when I was a kid.  Like, REALLY loved it.  So, I'm pretty sure either 1) it's gone downhill in a HUGE way over the last 25 years, or 2) my parents were saints for spending as much time there with me as we did.  Probably a little of both, right?

Somewhere, I have a picture of a 2 or 3 year old Justus doing this same thing.  I need to get the pics together to compare them.  It'll just make me cry.  Never mind.

Delaney wanted in on the game action, and headed for the one with the steering wheel.  Can't say I blame her.

This must have been a very serious shoot-em-up game going on here. 

Delaney mostly wanted to just wave at the mechanical mouse the whole time.

Justus thanking Delaney for coming to his birthday dinner. 
She is clearly more interested in getting to and putting out a fire.

Happy Birthday, Big Kid!


On Saturday, we had Justus' birthday party with all of his friends.  He picked out a Star Wars theme this year. A good time was had by all, I hope.
Balloons and little sister are here.
Let's get this party started...

Friends pausing from pizza for a smile.

Off to attack the GattiTown employees with balloon swords
(or lightsabers, depending on who you ask)

Listening to the Limbo directions. 
Sadly, most of these kids had never played it before.  I'm so old. 
Can you tell who is not going to do well because he's not listening??
Awesome cake, by Tiffany, of course.


Family picture time

Ready for a song, a wish, and some cake.

Ready to open presents.  Heaven help us.
Parents--seriously, I know the kids love watching their friend open what they gave him/her, but save yourself and open the gifts at home.  The kids would really rather play, anyway.  It takes a long time and there's a lot of "I can't see!!!"  Injuries happen, it gets ugly.  Just sayin...

Two of the cutest guys in town, dressed for the occassion.

Justus had a wonderful time and we are so appreciative for everyone who came to celebrate him.  He spent the rest of the day playing with all his new stuff while the rest of us rested...or tried to, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment