Monday, November 26, 2012

My holiday heart, in pictures

**At the risk of ruining the excitement over receiving a Christmas card from the Royals with some adorable new pics of those kiddos, I had to share the following.  So, close this now, and never look back (well, at elast until after you get our card), if you are determined not to ruin the surprise.  Otherwise, drudge ahead and enjoy!**
 
Y'all know how crazy I go when I get pictures from Sarah, right?  I mean seriously, she captures my whole heart's happiness with her talent and a camera.  Every time I get new pictures from her, I think "These are the best we've done!"  Maybe it's more about the kids--just growing more and more in love with them all the time, as though that's possible.  But, I think it definitely has to do with Sarah and her magic, too.  I've seen the way this goes in the heat of the moment, and I just don't know how she does it.
 
The process goes like this:  Make appointment way in advance for shoot.  Swear to have organized assistance in setting up some fabulous "sets" from more creative friends than myself.  Mention it casually to said friend, then fail miserably to follow through.  Realize shoot date is much closer than realized, and there's no time to impose on friends or anyone else to throw this together.  Do the best I can to coordinate clothes, at the very least.  Meet Sarah, and do child wrangling/entertaining/clothes changing/disciplining for 2 hours while she works her magic.  Somewhere in the middle of that, resign to the fact that it was just a waste of everyone's time because she couldn't possibly have gotten any decent pictures with the way we were all acting, the wind was blowing, etc... 
 
And then this happens:
 



 When did they get so grown up??? 
Between them looking so old and me knowing the quality of newborn pics Sarah can turn out, it ALMOST makes me want another.  Almost.


We have done a picture similar to this at every shoot we do, and I just adore looking and comparing them to each other over time.
 
 

 Sass Times Two!  I think we are in serious trouble.

 And a little love for me and my Aggie friends!
'Tis the season, right?!  Gig'em!

 
**Sarah is dealing with a family medical situation, and managed to turn these out super fast in the midst of that so we could send out Christmas cards.  She is amazing and we could not be more thankful for her!  Prayers going up for sweet Abbey!**

No comments:

Post a Comment