Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday's Winning Words

Today's post (and now that I think about it, I may have to do this more often) comes from complete strangers.  It was too good to not share. 

Sunday morning, we were picking pumpkins for our carving and this happened:

A sweet family was picking out theirs too, and were obviouly motivated by something completely different.   No judgement here.  They were walking around and their son (maybe 3-4) asked "How do I know which one to get, Mommy and Daddy?" He was very excited.  It was obviously his first time to pick out a pumpkin.  Mommy said "Well, just pick the one that you think has the most seeds."  Much like myself, the boy had a confused look on his face.    But unlike me, the poor child tried, in earnest in an attempt to respond to his Mom's asinine comment, to identify such a pumpkin.  Mommy continues to walk around the pumpkins and contemplates out loud, "I wish they had stickers on them that said "This pumpkin has this many seeds inside." 

Remember that old comedy/country song--"Here's your sign."  In moments like that, I wish I had one to give...


In other news....


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
**The flash on my phone gets Delaney every time.  This was the best after about 4 attempts...

No comments:

Post a Comment