Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday's Winning Words: A kind heart

I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post.  Wait, yes I can.  Sorry!  I'm still coming off the blood pressure spike from the Aggies' late night football antics in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

I digress.  This was such a sweet thing my boy did, I just had to share.

At the soccer game Saturday, one of the boys on Justus' team was not feeling well.  His tummy was upset, but bless his heart, he was trying to play through it.  His dad said that he had mentioned before the game he wasn't feeling well, but wanted to try to play.  Despite his best efforts in the first half, the poor kiddo permanently came out of the game vomiting after just a couple minutes of play in the second half.  While I was very concerned for the boy and simultaneously privately stewing with my so-help-me-if-he-has-a-virus-and-now-our-kid-has-it-and-we-have-to-keep-him-home-this-week thoughts, Justus interrupts my internal dialog with: "Mommy, I think we should pray for him during prayers tonight so he gets better soon."
 
God, I love that kid!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy!! We can't wait to see y'all again soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete