Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sad day at work

My secretary and legal assistant are amazing!  The three of us work well together, and get along beautifully. Sadly, that work relationship came to an end yesterday. Danielle went on to an exciting new opportunity.  Ok, I wasn't going to say that our old boss poached, and snagged her right out from under us, but I'm still a little bitter because he totally did!  Came in here with his new exciting job with more money.  Uugh!  While I am devastated to lose her, I could not be more excited for her.  I believe strongly in encouraging your people to fulfill every bit of their worth.  I have no doubt that her new position will offer her a chance that I could not (given my limited resources as a state employee) to do just that.  So, I should be happy, right?  I am.  Really.  For her.

This is my team.  Rather, this WAS my team.
Tish, Danielle, and me.


  We knew for a couple of weeks that Dani would be leaving us, but I don't think it really sank in until yesterday, the first day she wasn't here.  See how sad Tish, Sheila, Glenda, and Knesha are, now that we can see Dani's work place empty!

Fortunately, we had a stand-in for our office Halloween skit yesterday.  Word is, she has some legal experience.  She had no purpose after the skit, so we gave her Dani's desk and workload.  She looks familiar, but I just can't place her.

So, this is my NEW team!  Flat Karen and Tish.

 The new girl gets up and plays guitar on the desk.  I guess if I had those legs, I would too.  But really, how very unprofessional!  Good thing the boss wasn't around.  She's going to have to get better focus on the job.
She's great and all, but I still miss my Danielle!!!
Thankfully, she's right down the road (at least, will be once we move offices in a few weeks) and we can still get together for lunch.  That is, if she's not too busy being important.

Danielle--you are the best!  I miss you so much, already, but I hope you are enjoying your new adventure.  Tell the bossman to take care of you or I will have to have a talk with him.  And he knows I will, too!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! AMAZING IS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT YOU!!! I MISS YOU TERRIBLY AND HOPE NOTHING CHANGES OUR WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIP! IT WAS AN HONOR AND PLEASURE WORKING WITH YOU. YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE ATTORNEY AND FRIEND. I AM SO GLAD I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH YOU AND TISH…WE ARE AN INCREDIBLE TEAM! I WILL MISS THE DAILY LAUGHTER AND OH SO HILARIOUS STORIES! YOU BETTER GEAR UP FOR LOTS OF LUNCHES AND THE OCCASIONAL DINNER IF WE CAN KEEP TISH OUT OF THE MARGARITA TANK! ROFL! SHE IS MY MEATBALL TWIN! HAHAHAHA! SEE YOU VERY SOON! MUCH LOVE AND HUGS…D.

    ReplyDelete