Monday, November 28, 2011

Recap of the Remarkable life of late

I know, you think I fell off the face of the Earth. Not quite, but it kind of feels that way. To start, I don't know what happened to my iPad blogging app, Blogsy, so I hadn't done it from my iPad until tonight when I realized "Duh, just blog from Safari!" it's not too bad, but it means no pictures in is one. Sorry! So, let's back track...

Last week was Thanksgiving, my now favorite holiday. Leading up to it, we got a feverish baby call from daycare Monday afternoon. Boo!! Since I am out of town most of this week and our office move is coming at the end of next week, I really needed to be in the office as much as possible. How is it that baby's get sick at the exact moment you really need to be at work? It's not like I often have days of nothing to do (ok, I have NEVER had that day), but sometimes I am more prepared to take a day or two off to stay home and snuggle with fever baby. Kidd and I split the next two days, went to SA Wednesday night, and she awoke on the morn of her first Thanksgiving fever free!! We had a wonderful time, right up until the A&M v. t.u. Football game that night. In the interest of preserving friendships (both with my Aggie and t-sip friends), I will reserve comment on both the game and the status of the relationship of the teams. Suffice it to say, I was not happy with our performance that evening. I had big plans to take all kinds of pics on Thanksgiving Day. It would help if I had a camera... I did have my phone, so I have some, but will post them later. Of note, I did have a little chat with Justus Thanksgiving morning. I told him I was thankful for an amazing kid like him. He told me he was thankful for turkey. Ok, then. Note to self: have the chat after the kiddo eats! We came home Friday and had Thanksgiving with Kidd's family Saturday.

This week, I'm traveling for work, but we have a lot coming up that I will be sure to blog about. Really, I WILL! We have birthday and Christmas card photos this weekend, the BIG 1st birthday next week and the party next weekend, and of course all the Christmas preparations. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime--I have learned that my feverish baby was just teething, but evidently runs a really high fever when doing so. Bleh!! But, we have top teeth coming in finally.

I'm sure there's been more, but for now, that will do. If you see my kids before I do, tell them hi and I'll see them Thursday!

Off for now, more later this week. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment