Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday's Winning Words: Run for Boston


                                 
Monday during prayers, Justus said "...and please help the people who set off the bombs in Boston and don't let them hurt any more people."  Afterward, I told him that was a very nice thing to pray for and he told me "I don't like that all those people got hurt, mommy."  I know baby, me either.

I'm not even going to go into my thoughts and feelings about this whole thing, in part because I still haven't wrapped my mind around it.  The horrors of the mind that envisions setting of bombs to harm as many people as possible at the end of what is supposed to be an achivement of human perseverence... What I do know is that the innocence of a child's perspective always just hits me in the pit of my stomach.  They have no filter and are not yet jaded.  It's beautiful!

I ran for Boston this morning!  Unfortunately, since I have to run so early, I was alone; but I wore my blue and did it anyway!  I hope you consider being a part of this neat event.  Even if you are not a runner, just go to a local one and show support.   After events like this, people always question, "What's happening to humanity?"  My hope is that we see the humanity in the response, rather than looking at the tragedy as a means to question it.  Don't get me wrong--I am more than fearful about what has become an unfortunately more common occurrence (efforts to do mass damage), but I choose to focus on the goodness of people and how we pull together when something like this happens.  It is really amazing!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Run-For-Boston-417/613135315380603?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment