Thursday, March 14, 2013

So, this (all) happened...

Since I've been neglecting you so much lately, but am still a bit short on time, I wanted to at least give you a nutshell update of what's been going on in our world lately.
 
 
Valentine's Day lunch with my favorite little man.  McDonald's--mmm (for him).  I hope one day he knows better than to give a girl McD's on Valentine's Day--no matter how ridiculous of a Hallmark day we think it is.
 

As you know, Shanon has been a trusty sitter and family member since around the time Delaney was born.  Well, she decided to move on to bigger and better professional aspirations.  In Dallas.  So, we got together with the King family and had a little farewell dinner before she left.  What a blessing she has been to our family.  It's been a challenge adjusting to life without her.

We put our house on the market.  It is a pain keeping it "show ready" with two little ones, but I really like it much better now that we've decluttered and keep it orderly. 
No, not enough to keep it.
 
 
This dude had his first belt testing at Taekwondo.  He did awesome and moved up a rank!
 




We had Kindergarten Rodeo at the school.  He had a blast, and I enjoyed being able to volunteer for the activity.  Next event:  Kinder field trip in a couple of weeks.  That should be interesting.
 
 
Since a certain little girl I know doesn't seem the least bit bothered by a wet Pull-Up (don't get me started on what a racket I think those are!), I decided to kick it up a notch.  Her teachers are fully supportive, and were probably actually glad to see that I finally stepped it up.  She LOVES her new panties and insists on wearing them.  Now, if she will just get that she has to keep them dry (see above concern of keeping a clean house...). 
 
She got her first yearbook in the mail from Camp Mystic.  She looked at those pictures of the girls having fun at camp forever.  Then, Daddy pulled out one of my old yearbooks to show her me when I was at camp.  Apparently, that was not quite as interesting.  At least now she has reading material for her potty time. 


By spring break, the kids were missing Shanon and I needed a sitter since they were out of school and I had to work.  So, off they went to Camp Shanon for a few days.  We are still in the midst of this adventure and we miss them terribly but know they are having a blast.  It's the first time we've sent them off while we stayed home.  The house is eerily quiet.  And, I am amazed at the "free time" I have.  I have no idea how I managed to waste so much time before I had kids, thinking I was busy.
 
So, there you have it.  Pretty much all the major activities for the last month or so, mixed in with our daily crazy busy life.  Sorry you got it all at once, but I'm hoping to get back to regular posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment