Friday, August 17, 2012

Double fail




Last night, Delaney *properly* used this little gem for the VERY. FIRST. TIME!!!

While I was somewhere on the road between San Antonio and home.

Awesome.

....and the working mommy guilt sets in again.

Might as well be something both kids get to experience, right?

Truth be told, as a working parent, it's to be expected that when you pick your kids up from daycare, you may hear about the first time something happened and know you weren't there.  That is not all that uncommon, and I'm pretty sure Delaney's teachers have just been kind enough to let me think I've witnessed most of her firsts.  This one stung because it happened in the evening at home, when I would normally be there.

Funny thing though--Kidd wasn't there either.  Only Shanon got to celebrate the moment.  Is Kidd all heartbroken about it?   Of course not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment