Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday's Winning Words

Picture it: Bedtime in Justus' room with the three of us (Delaney was sleeping peacefully in her crib) kneeled down at his bed.  We finished "Now I lay me down to sleep..." and had moved on to "God Bless _____" where we name all the people we want God to bless (I thank my dad for this one because I can remember kneeling beside my bed at night saying it with him).  It's still a fairly new addition to our  bedtime routine, so it's a work in progress....as is evidenced by the following:

Justus: "...and God bless the Abominable Snowman and--"

Daddy: "Justus, this is the time we ask God to bless the people that are important to us, not your toys.  God doesn't want to hear about your toys right now."

Justus (in his very serious voice):  "No, no Daddy.  I'm not talking about my Abominable Snowman toy up in the attic.  I'm talking about the REAL Abominable Snowman, like the REAL Rudloph, from Christmas time."

***PAUSE, as I quickly turn my head away from my child so he doesn't see my snickering.  I'm dying to see how Kidd handles this moment***

Daddy:  "oh.  ok.  Carry on, then."

Well done, Kidd.  No reason to shatter the poor kid's Christmas expectations now, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment