Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday's Winning Words

Today's Winning Words come from another fine example of parenting in my unintentional series called "Watch your mouth, Mommy".....

Monday I was driving home from a particularly horrendous day of out of town work and was talking to my guys on the phone while they were driving home from hockey.  Kidd had me on speakerphone so I could talk to Justus too.  Without thinking about it, I mentioned that the day's experience had been so awful that during it I wanted to shoot myself in the head (this was actually a restrained version of what I really wanted to say).  As is typical, this is pretty much the only phrase Justus heard out of the entire conversation, and continued to reiterate that it was obviously the only relevant part of the exchange.

"Mommy, why do you want to shoot yourself in the head?"

"Shoot yourself in the head?  That would be silly, Mommy!"

"Mommy, are you going to shoot yourself in the head?"

When I arrived home a couple hours later and I went in to kiss him good night, what did he say to me?  "Mommy, puppy shot himself in the head....that's so silly!"   This time, though, I got to see the hand motions that went with it. 



Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment