Monday, October 22, 2012

Cell phone clean out- October edition

It's been awhile since I've done one of these, so here we go...

Delaney had her first school pictures at daycare without Justus. Sorry for the glare, this is me taking a cell phone pic of the actual picture.  P.S.--the one on your right is her polite "stranger danger" face.  Quiet, pensive, fiddling with her hands.  I'm pretty certain that what is happening here is the unknown-to-her photographer jumping up and down trying to make her smile and she's not having it.  Chances are someone she knows was at least in the vicinity for the pic on the left.  This is why we are so grateful for Sarah and the quality of picture she can get.
 
 
Then, the poor child was sick for a whole week with a virus and pneumonia.  I could have taken this same picture at any point during that week.  She did little else.  Just broke my heart.
 
 
Candy Corn is my October obsession.  Not that I need one for each month, but I actually crave this stuff in October.  It's ridiculous.  And just for the record--no, I don't eat the Easter candy corn that comes out.  Fall candy corn is the only real deal.
 
 
Earlier in October, I had to say goodbye (from work only) to one of my favorite staff people ever.  And wouldn't you know I managed to get a picture of the cake, but not of the two of us?!?!  Missing my Tish, but I know she is L.O.V.I.N.G. her new opportunity and I couldn't be more excited for her.
 

This one was attacked by a tub of Eucerin skin cream last Tuesday, which resulted in this lovely black eye!  She doesn't seem too bothered by it.  In other news, she now knows the aTm (and the color maroon) as indication of "Aggie" and LOVES to point it out on shirts, cars, flags, etc.  That's my girl! 

We hit the pumpkin patch yesterday afternoon.  Can you tell how excited he is to be there?  Admittedly, it was a balmy 90 degrees and very sunny (hence the hand covering his eyes from the sun), so he just wanted to get his pumpkin and get the heck out.  Note that we are short one child here?  Yes, well, you will have to trust me that D was all dressed up for the occasion, as she was sound asleep in dad's truck by the time we got to the patch.  Not a total loss for her--Justus picked her a little pumpkin too.

So, yeah, we're those people--we don't carve pumpkins.  At least not yet.  Not until the kids are a bit older.  And can clean up the mess.  Justus found this Darth Vader pumpkin decorating kit at Target and was super excited about it, so we went with it.  He is so proud of it!!  That's what matters, right?
 
Not super exciting, I know, but stay tuned...big new things ahead!



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree - Easter candy corn is bogus.
    Love the pumpkin! I carved two and they were moldy within three days, so why bother?

    ReplyDelete