Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday's Winning Words: Teen hormones are awesome

 
 
Today's entry of winning words comes to you from *Joe.
 
From our local paper's daily front page short:
 

Like my friend, Dana, said:  "aaahh, spoken like a true walking hormone."  How old do you think this kid is?  14?  15?  I would LOVE it if my kid did this.  I would immediately cut it out of the paper and save it to share with him when he turns 30....and just stand back and watch as the horror washes over his face when he recalls such a damn-I-am-so-awesome moment.  Yeah, because I'm that kind of mom!  Don't ya just love teenagers?!?

This begs the question--do you recall some moment in your quest for adulthood where you thought you were being awesome, and now upon reflection, it is an immediate palm-to-forehead moment with a resounding "Why?" in the background?

*As in Joe Cool. Someone get this kid a Camel Light. I don't remember what his name is and I cut it off so as not to...well, I don't really know why. I mean, it was on the FRONT PAGE of the local newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment