Friday, September 2, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ok, maybe it's the Second Most Wonderful Time of the Year (because I do LOVE Christmas) but college football season is a pretty close second.  Think about it---it marks the beginning of the end of what is usually  extraordinarily oppressive summer heat, its the beginning of fall and a new academic year, and its the one time of year that we get to shamelessly brainwash our children into cheering for our alma mater.  I have the generally fotunate situation of living in a college town, and not just any college town.  My alma mater's town.  So, it's everywhere!  And truthfully, it's all year long, but it's most apparent during football season on gameday.  Although the roads in town become a local version of Houston rush hour traffic, everywhere is crowded, and you have to travel at least 20 miles away to find a restaurant where you don't have to wait an hour or more to eat, this place is undeniably one of the best college football venues known to man.  You can't help but be moved by the Aggie spirit.  Yes, I accept that my children will likely grow up and go somewhere else for school, particularly if we are still living in this community.  I am okay with that and in fact, encourage it.  As much as I would like them to be Aggies, I want them to get out and find their way in the world (i.e. do their own laundry and cooking rather than relying on me to do it regularly until they are 22 or 23).  But, until that time comes....I present 2011's first College Colors Friday.  WHOOP!!

Please excuse the drool.  Mommy didn't take the picture immediately upon dressing me and I'm thinking about getting some teeth here pretty soon.


Someone obviously wasn't thinking when I was given the orange paci this morning...




We have no individual picture of Justus because he was too busy playing and we were then running late, but he was super happy to wear his 12th Man jersey today.  When we drove by the tent sale on the way to daycare this morning, he said "Mommy, look, they are open.  After you drop me off at school, go back and get me a new Aggie jersey."  We had previously discussed how his is from last year and may be getting a bit short for him.  Overlooking the facts that he rudely demanded, rather than asked, and they don't have the jersey at that particular store, it was a proud moment! 

Gig'em and God Bless...and BTHO SMU!

No comments:

Post a Comment