Monday, June 17, 2013

Quick Kindergarten wrap up

 
 
I know this is a bit late, but what else is new with me these days...
 
First Day of Kindergarten

 Last Day of Kindergarten

(disregard the pink writing...my printer is out of color ink...)
 

This kid learned SO much this year in Kindergarten.  I am amazed at how he has grown in the 9 months.  He's always loved books, but now he can read on his own (when he focuses).  He learned math and science, music and art.  He is so much more independent--walking from the crosswalk all by himself, managing the lunch line with no problem, etc.  He participated in programs, went on field trips, and made a bunch of new friends.  I know this all seems like common sense, since we have all been through it.  But, it was an enormous growing time for us as he transformed to more a little boy than my baby.  We were so blessed with a wonderful teacher and fantastic school.  Yesterday, he asked me why he can't go back to school until August.  I think it's more than just missing his friends.  He really liked it!!


He was even patient enough on that last day to let me get a few pictures of him...and, then he stopped paying attention to me because he was excited about going to a swim party and I was keeping him from that.


Watch out, First Grade! 
Here comes Justus!

No comments:

Post a Comment