Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hair.

...and even though I'm headed to NYC in a few days, I'm not talking about the musical.

It seems that lately, I've gotten a number of compliments on Delaney's hair always being done with a bow in place.  I appreciate it. I do.  But, I kind of think people are getting the wrong impression about me (for once, a better version than the actual truth).  If you know me well, you know I am a pretty low maintenance person.  It's a good thing I had a boy first because it requires very little to make him look acceptable in public.  Easy-to-do hair, only a few possible shoe options, and a million polos and pants to choose from and we're out the door.  Basic colors: black, navy, khaki, red, green.  Easy.  Go.

I always wanted a girl.  I really did, but me having a girl is like a special test from God.  I am not exactly the most skilled in the matching of the clothes, shoes, hair accessories, etc.  I wish I were better at it, especially now.  Admittedly, I think I'm doing a pretty decent job so far.  Girl clothes are just too precious.  I figure if I buy enough of them, something is bound to match.  Haha!  I am definitely having fun with it though, even more than I thought I would.

Which brings us back to the hair. Yes, I do Delaney's hair every single day, and generally a bow goes in her hair.  Why not, I've already done the hard part, right?  I have mentioned a time or two that her hair baffles me.  Justus' is straight as a board and thick.  Delaney's is curly and poofy.  I know that's not a technical term, but let's pretend that it is.  I half expected her hair to just fall naturally and heavily down, like mine, even though it is also wavy, or her brothers.  Not so much.  It has this strange fluffy and light quality to it that makes it constantly look like a mass of curly yarn perched upon her head.   I swear to you, when I brush it out, it gets bushier and more unruly.  I just don't get it.  You can't tell when it's dry, but her hair actually goes down to the middle of her back when it's wet and straight.  And, being a toddler, it does not affect her when it gets in her face.  Or her food.  Or her snot. 

But it affects me.


October 2011--Daddy's birthday. 
*Aside from the hair issue, this face makes this one of my favorite pics of her.*

December 2011

                                                              Today



So, you see--it is purely out of necessity.  To tame this wild beast.

I think God just wanted a little something extra to test me, in the event I got the hang of the whole outfit coordination responsibility.  At the same time, I suppose it's better to have my girl with this kind of hair than my boy.  Can you imagine Justus with this mop?  **This is the part where I wish I was skilled at photoshop and could insert a picture of him with her hair on top.**

I have gotten used to the pretty bows. And I love when Justus tells her she looks beautiful and that he likes her bow.  That, in itself, makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment