Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday's Winning Words: First date

I don't mean to sound like a high schooler, but I have to say that I am pretty excited about my date tonight!!  The good news is that my date is excited too, albeit a bit nervous, I think.

The Chick Fil A restaurant near our house is hosting a mother-son Date KNIGHT tonight in homor of Mother's Day, so Justus and I are going after taekwondo.  It's his first "official" date.  We had to make a reservation and there will be table side service.  Be jealous.  Pictures will should follow.

This morning, I reminded him about it and he reminded me that he knew he had to have a good day at school AND taekwondo to get to go.  He got very excited and asked me "Is it a real date?  Like the ones I will go on with my girlfriend???"  I said "Yes, it's a real date and maybe one day when you are older and have a girlfriend, you will go on dates with her too."  to which he replied, "but, I already have a girlfriend!  Addison."

PARDON ME???  As I picked my heart up off the floor, he gleefully rushed off to feed the dogs.  When he came back in, he said "Mom, this is the most excited I've been about a date in my whole life.  I love you!"  Heart mended.  Happy day!

1 comment: